It is time to get ready for the 2nd Annual W.A.R. Navajo Nation Team Roping Event!
Saturday, May 6, 2023
Instructors – Eric Rogers, Aaron Tsinigine, Derrek Begay
Who Can Apply to Attend the Clinic? Navajo Nation active duty military, former military, and veterans. (application is below)
- Register with W.A.R. if you haven’t already. Click Here.
- Fill out the application form here.
- You will receive a phone call, email, and text with a notification of class attendees. This is on a first-come basis, so make sure to sign up early!
Where is the Clinic? – Dean C. Jackson Memorial Fairgrounds, Navajo Nation, Window Rock, Arizona
When is this clinic being held? May 6, 2023
- Saturday, May 6th
- 0700 donuts and coffee
- 0800 AM clinic begins, colors, horses saddled and ready
- 1200 Noon lunch provided
- Around 1600 PM clinic ends and the jackpot roping begins.
- We ask all attending stay after to help with clean-up.
- If anyone wants to meet for dinner after the event, feel free to plan it after the clinic. We’ve had a lot of fun doing this at previous clinics. But, sometimes everyone has had a full day and is ready for a shower and to head home. So, this option will be up to you all to discuss.
All times are subject to change throughout the day depending on clinicians and unknown variables, all of which should be awesome!
Thank you Dickey’s Barbecue Pit for your great meal in 2022 & 2023!
3900 East Highway 66, Gallup, NM 87301 Telephone: +1 (505) 722-2333
Lodging – There are numerous places in the area for those who are traveling in to stay. W.A.R. does not pay for travel or lodging.
- Horse stalls at the clinic can be reserved ahead of time. Must be approved by W.A.R. upon notification of acceptance to the clinic. There will be no last-minute stall reservations. DUE TO THE CHANGE TO A ONE DAY CLINIC, PLEASE CHECK WITH OMAR BENALLY ABOUT STALLS.
- Hotels – Quality Inn is closest, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, as well as numerous hotels/motels in the area
- Campground and stalls are available for reservation at Red Rock State Park.
Why are we hosting this clinic? We appreciate your service to America. It is our way of saying thank you and reminding you that you are NOT forgotten. Our volunteers and supporters work countless hours to make these events happen. Most of our volunteers are those who serve our country. This is a way for us to give back to our brothers and sisters in arms.
Cost – This clinic is free to those attending. All we ask is each person bring one or more gifts, whether it is a unit patch, military memorabilia, a meaningful personal item, etc. to give to W.A.R. to present to our clinicians and volunteers as a thank you for their hard work. And, if you make an awesome snack or dessert – bring that, too!
Phil Bigthumb with Bigthumb Custom Leather is donating again for our 2023 clinic!
Red Bluff Buckles donated buckles for our 2022 clinic and they have already committed to donating two more for 2023. Thank you Red Bluff Buckles! Facebook Page.